KNOW YOUR GASTROENTEROLOGIST DOCTOR :
- Dr. Tarun Bharadwaj is the Best Gastroenterologist, working in National Hospital Bhopal. Dr Tarun did his medical graduation from Gandhi medical college Bhopal in 2008 and completed his MD Internal medicine from the same institute in 2012. In 2013, he was selected for super specialization course, in the department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, at the prestigious Christian Medical College Vellore. At CMC he learned the art and science of Gastroenterology and diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy. He is proficient in managing Various GI emergencies, inflammatory bowel diseases, functional GI disorders and Endoscopic management of various GI disorders. He was university topper in Gastroenterology exit examination conducted by Dr TNMGR medical university in 2016. After finishing his super specialization from CMC, he was immediately selected for Fellowship in advanced endoscopy at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital, Pune under the mentorship of Dr Amol Bapaye.
During his Fellowship he gained skills in performing ERCP and EUS and also presented his research papers at various national and international conferences. Due to his deep passion for EUS he joined Sir Gangaram Hospital New Delhi where he observed and assisted various diagnostic and therapeutic EUS procedures under the mentorship of Dr Anil Arora and Dr Vikas Singla. Thereafter he joined Osaka International Cancer Institute Japan as an observer Trainee under the mentorship of Dr Noriya Uedo where he learned Narrow band Imaging and Chromoendoscopy for early diagnosis of GI cancers and also observed EMR and ESD procedures. In pursuit of excellence he further joined Institute of Liver and
Biliary Sciences New Delhi to learn and practice state of art Hepatology. At ILBS he was trained in performing HVPG/TJLB/Fibroscan, Critical care in liver diseases and management of emergencies in Liver diseases. He went on to learn High resolution Manometry from Dr Rajesh Sainani in Mumbai where he gained experience in various esophageal motility disorders, HRM, Anorectal manometry and biofeedback therapy. Thereafter he joined National Hospital as a fulltime Top Consultant gastroenterologist, Hepatologist and Therapeutic Endoscopist.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE :
Academic qualifications :
- 1.Bachelor of medicine and surgery(M.B.B.S)-Gandhi Medical College,Bhopal- 2007
- 2. Compulsory Rotatory Residential Internship(CRRI)- Gandhi Medical College,Bhopal- 2008
- 3. M.D. Internal Medicine- Gandhi Medical College and Hamidia Hospital,Bhopal-2012
- 4. D.M. Gastroenterology- Christian Medical College,Vellore- August 2016
- 5. Fellowship in Advanced endoscopy-Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital,Pune- September 2017
- 6. Short Term Fellowship in Endoscopic Ultrasound(EUS)-Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi- November 2017
- 7. International Observer Trainee in NBI and ESD-Osaka International Cancer Institute,Osaka, Japan- December 2017
- 8. Short term fellowship, APASL School of Hepatology-Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences(ILBS),New Delhi-Jan 2018
Professional Experience :
- 1. Resident Medical Officer (Registrar, MD Medicine Trainee),GMC and HH- 2009-2012
- 2. Senior Post Graduate Registrar, Gastroenterology-CMC Vellore- 2013-2016
- 3. Fellow in advanced endoscopy and Lecturer in Gastroenterology -DMH Pune- 2016-2017
Experience and skills gained during fellowship in advanced endoscopy :
- 1. Performed more than 150 ERCPs under supervision and independently including biliary and pancreatic Endotherapy and biliary SEMS placement .
- 2. Performed more than 100 Diagnostic EUS under supervision and independently.
- 3. Performed many EUS FNACs and Peripancreatic fluid collection drainage (Cystogastrostomy).
- 4. Observed more than 50 Per Oral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM) procedures, hence gained experience in procedure details and management of intra operative and post operative adverse events.
- 5. Observed more than 100 ESD and EMR procedures, hence gained experience in procedure details and management of intra operative and post operative adverse events.
- 6. Observed advanced EUS guided interventions such as Hepatico-gastrostomy, Pancreatico-gastrostomy and Choledocho-duodenostomy.
- 7.Post Fellowship attended the first structured NBI course under the mentorship of Dr Naresh Bhat in Bangaluru, India.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS :
- 1. Gold Medal & Certificate for Highest Marks in Pharmacology in IInd Year MBBS.
- 2. First in Hepatology Quiz at Hepatology update CMC, Vellore 2015.
- 3. Dr.TNMGR medical university Topper (Gold medal) in Gastroenterology exam 2016.
- 4. Received Indian Society of Gastroenterology Travel Grant for APDW 2017 held at Hong Kong.
- 5. Received ISG TNC Abbott award by ISG tamil Nadu chapter for standing 1st in DM gastro exam at university level.
- 6. First prize for poster presentation in endoscopy session at 58th annual conference of ISG held at Bhuvaneshwar from 14th-17th December 2017.
4. PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS :
- 1. American Society of GI Endoscopy(ASGE)
- 2. European Society of GI Endoscopy(ESGE)
- 3. Society of GI Endoscopy of India (SGIE)
- 4. American Association for study of liver disease(AASLD)
- 5. India Society of Gastroenterology(ISG)
MISSION AND VISION :
- 1. To practice art and science of medicine for personal and academic growth.
- 2. Translating knowledge and skills acquired for the benefit and healing of those in need.
- 3. To Practice ethical and evidence based medicine.
- 1. To establish state of art, tertiary care, institute of excellence in gastroenterology.
- 2. Affordable health care to each individual of the country.
- 3. To establish screening programme for GI cancers and diagnose early stage cancers for best patient outcomes.
- 4. To practice personalized, patient centric gastroenterology.
- 5. Reestablish and maintain the Doctor - Patient trust and human bond.
CONFERENCES AND PUBLICATIONS :
Recently attended conferences and workshops -
- 1. Attended 1st National Conference on critical care and infections in Liver diseases, organized by ILBS New Delhi on 25th and 26th January 2017.
- 2. Attended 1st World congress of GI Endoscopy-Endo 2017 on 16th-19th February 2017 Hyderabad- Presented Posters as enumerated above.
- 3. Attended EUS conference in Kolkata on Aug 20th 2017.
- 4. Attended POEM 2017 organized by ISG Gujarat chapter in Ahmadabad on 16th-17th September 2017. Also had hands on experience of all steps of POEM on Porcine model.
- 5. Attended APDW 2017 on 23rd to 26th September in Hong Kong- Presented E-Moderated posters and Videos.
- 6. Attended IBD-Chennai 2017 organized by TN Gastroenterology Trust on 30th September-1st October 2017 in Chennai.
- 7.XIIth Basic and Advanced Therapeutic endoscopic Training Program" on 2nd and 3rd December 2017.
- 8. AIG IBD Summit 2018-organised by Asian Institute of gastroenterology, Hyderabad on 26th -28th January 2018.
Publications : -
- INASL 2015- POSTER PRESENTATION- Analysis of Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) rs 6677604 in patients with Non-Cirrhotic intrahepatic portal hypertension(NCIPH).
- ISG 2015-POSTER PRESENTATION- Is Alternate complement pathway activated in patients with Non-Cirrhotic intrahepatic portal hypertension (NCIPH)?
- ENDO2017-POSTER PRESENTATION-Complete endoscopic management of post Whipple’s biliary anastomotic stricture with choledocholithiasis and its resultant complication of post-procedure bilioma.
- ENDO2017-POSTER PRESENTATION- EUS- Guided Rendezvous Pancreatic Duct Drainage in Relatively Non-Dilated System in Chronic Calcific Pancreatitis.
- ENDO2017-POSTER PRESENTATION-Two Stage Tunneling ESD for Circumferential Giant Rectal Lateral Spreading Tumor (LST).
- ENDO2017-POSTER PRESENTATION- Selected for top 30 Abstracts - Endoscopic Full-thickness Resection (EFTR) of a Large Duodenal Sub-Epithelial Tumor (SET) and Closure of Defect.
- ENDO2017-POSTER PRESENTATION- Selected for top 30 Abstracts - EUS Guided Coil Embolization of Giant Extraluminal Gastric Varices- Modification of the Technique to Prevent Distant Embolization.
- APDW 2017- Selected for Moderated e-POSTER PRESENTATION- Safety, efficacy and closure techniques of endoscopic full thickness resection-initial clinical experience.
- APDW 2017- Selected for VIDEO PRESENTATION- Endoscopic submucosal dissection in a patient with hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia with cirrhosis.
- APDW 2017- Selected for VIDEO PRESENTATION- Cholangioscopy guided extraction of chronic retained intrahepatic foreign body.